Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Haemo-Erotic Tag 6: Scabastian “Scabby” Ballswinger

Kill! KILL! KILLLLLLL!

One of the Citadel Chaos Thugs from the 1980s, this goofy looking guy was my first choice for Gorechosen duty.  I have a few other also-rans, but this character, with limited vision, restricted breathing, single trouser leg and spiked ball on a rope showed the perfect disregard for more or less any sensible behaviour.

EDIT: since I put this up yesterday I went back and repainted the satchel on the model.  The way that it blended into the model bugged me, so I changed it.  I have replaced the images with updated versions.  


Additionally, a feature of the Gorechosen rules is the different Kill Zone that the fighters generate with their weapons.  As one of the models in the game - “Kore Hammerskull, Skullgrinder of Khorne” carries a flaming anvil on a chain, I figured that Scabby could stand in for that character in the retro Scale Creep version.

The characters trademark move is “Mighty Swing” - conceptually tied to the flail like weapon, so thats a nice tie in.


That spatter across both hands above suggests arterial spray from a victim on the ground to me, pumping out as Scabby wanders past.  Just another day in the arena.

The model itself is a rather… quaint bit of sculpting, pretty rough in places.  The casting wasnt exactly crisp either.  Although I didnt hate painting the figure or anything, I wasnt exactly inspired, hence the pretty by-the-numbers Khorne colour scheme.  I also tried a few different techniques and combinations of paints which didnt work oit as nicely as I would like, particularly on the red hood and the flesh.  Its ok though.

"Wait ‘til they get a taste o' my swingin’ balls!"


That general lack of concern did mean that I was less apprehensive about flicking gore at the painted model at the end of the process though, which I quite enjoyed.  Drowning models in red paint is a pretty juvenile look for miniatures and therefore perfect for a project like this.  Frankly Scabastian should be glad that I didnt cover him entirely in abattoir sluice.


Now that more info has come out about the game, it turns out that it is based on a hex board, with facing.  Im not a fan of hex bases for battle games, but for something like this it might have been a better choice to stick Scabby onto one of those, but Im not rebasing him now just for that.  I did add markings to the base to show the front three hexes though.



Lastly, TheOttoVonBismark was planning to submit this time, but couldnt manage it right now, so I stepped in.

Next up is Whiskey Priest, who I am O positive will have a brilliant specimen of subhumanity to share in record time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar