Art is an engineer. I knew he was practical when I married him. I'm sure he's bought me flowers sometime in our 40 years of marriage. I just can't remember when that would have been.
When we first moved to Chicago, the doctor discovered a lump in my breast that he felt needed to be removed before we contemplated having children. It's the first time I ever had surgery in a hospital. While recuperating, Art brought me a cactus plant.
Ummm... In his mind, it was easy to care for, wouldn't die, and we could bring it home from the hospital to enjoy.
Yes, it's true I was a little surprised. I say little because I was used to how he reasoned things.
The cactus was put in a place of honor and during the Chicago winters reminded us of a warmer place.
While I was recuperating from surgery, Art took care of all the cooking and cleaning and was there to nurse me through recovery.
In the years that followed, he was always there for me through every emergency, every heartache, every happiness.
If he ever bought me flowers, it would have been attached to a plant that could be planted outside or kept in a pot as a house plant. He doesn't want to give me things that would die or lose its value.
No, Art doesn't bring me flowers, but he does shower me with so many other things that are more precious than anything he could buy. Love comes in many shapes and forms.. sometimes prickly. You just have to recognize and appreciate it.
When we first moved to Chicago, the doctor discovered a lump in my breast that he felt needed to be removed before we contemplated having children. It's the first time I ever had surgery in a hospital. While recuperating, Art brought me a cactus plant.
Ummm... In his mind, it was easy to care for, wouldn't die, and we could bring it home from the hospital to enjoy.
Yes, it's true I was a little surprised. I say little because I was used to how he reasoned things.
The cactus was put in a place of honor and during the Chicago winters reminded us of a warmer place.
While I was recuperating from surgery, Art took care of all the cooking and cleaning and was there to nurse me through recovery.
In the years that followed, he was always there for me through every emergency, every heartache, every happiness.
If he ever bought me flowers, it would have been attached to a plant that could be planted outside or kept in a pot as a house plant. He doesn't want to give me things that would die or lose its value.
No, Art doesn't bring me flowers, but he does shower me with so many other things that are more precious than anything he could buy. Love comes in many shapes and forms.. sometimes prickly. You just have to recognize and appreciate it.
Happy Valentine's Day, everybody!



0 Yorumlar